Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last minute, as always

Sheep and Wool season again! Yaaay!

This year I invited my grad school classmate Ammon and his family to the festival. When I learned that they could come, I decided to knit their baby #3 a pair of booties.

I've been eyeing Duck Socks in the new Knitty, and decided to give that a go. The instructions said it takes one skein of Shibui Sock (~200 yds), so I religiously followed it and dyed up about 250 yards of Valley Franklin:


Recipe for 250 yards: 60 drops yellow; 2 drops red; 1 drop green.
splash of vinegar (1/4 cup or so)
Dipped kettle-style in turkey pan.
Cooked in oven @ 250F for 2 hours.


So cute!
Ta dah!

Pattern:: Duck by Jeny Staiman
Size:one for 3 mo.-6mo.
Yarn:Valley yarn Franklin
Yardage:90yds
Needle:US1.5 DPN
Mods:none really. I used DPNs because I don't have circulars that small. My turkish cast-on was little wobbly, but it will do. Next time, I'm going to study the youtube video that accompanied it in ravelry. I think there's enough yarn to make another pair.


Juliana (mom), Ammon (dad), and Ryley (big sis) were pretty pumped. Jensen (big bro) was indifferent. I think Evelyn (baby in photo) was upset that her feet got really hot all of the sudden.

It was so nice seeing them! We need to hang out more often!

No comments: