Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cotton Knits

I've been working on some red cable knits, but I was getting some sort of startitis, so I dug out an OLD OLD unfinished object (UFO in knitting lingo):

Pattern:: Cable & Lattice Poncho by Alison G. Will from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Ponchos
Size:one
Yarn:Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton DK in #245
Yardage:~650 yds knitted
Needle:JP6 straight
Date started:circa June 2007
Mods:Wouldn't wear it. This was my "on the bus" knits while I was in grad school. Knitting complex cables and lattices with tired brain and a cable needle at 8 in the morning just didn't cut it. When I found out that there were errata in the pattern, my motivation melted away. No wonder my knitting looked wonky!

As of today it's going to be this:

Pattern:: Lotus Blossom Tank by Sharon Shoji
Size:Small (33.25" bust)
Yarn:Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton DK in #245
Yardage:~130 yds today
Needle:US6 & 5 Circ
Date started:May 14, 2010
Mods:I was inspired by modifications by Licketyknits. I think I'm going to follow her advice on making this into an empire waist top instead of a hanging tank top. I also plan on adding short row to shape the bust better.

Meanwhile the postman delivered this:
Boye Knit Mates Interchangeable Knitting system Needlepoints doesn't handle any mail orders. They only take orders online. That was swell, because I placed the order on Wednesday (5/12) and my package arrived today (5/14). I think this was the fastest delivery ever. Now I can return to this hat which is another cotton project. Hope to not run out of cotton for the summer!

No comments: