Saturday, February 13, 2010

Knitting Olympics!

The Winter Olympics are starting today. Very exciting! I always liked the skiing events, and looking forward to speed skating too. I have decided to do a challenge myself (along with thousands of other knitters). I was going to knit a sweater version of the Mickey hat in 17 days--start at the opening ceremonies and finish before the end of the closing ceremonies.

I have ordered yarn online, even did a little swatch, and was all ready to go! but the yarn has not come to my door yet. In fact, this is what it's showing:




The package didn't get sent until the 9th, and the yarn is in West Virginia. OK. So we're looking at a week delay on this. boo.

However, it must be noted that just because I ordered some yarn does not mean I don't have any yarn at home. In fact, my drawer is more than full of yarn. I pulled out some skeins and decided to work on some of these until the sweater yarn showed up. Then I can be an extreme knitter and finish the sweater in 9 days. Ha.


1. Grandmother's capelet
2. Grandfather's bed shoes
3. Recycle yarn + handspun vest
4. Asher's birthday socks
5. Norwegian mittens
6. Hitomi's hat


...but before Casting on for new projects, I'm going to finish Melissa's socks and the long neglected white shawl first. Discipline! I'll be posting my progress on these insane amounts of yarn and fun goodness.

No comments: