Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day. Asher got me some roses, and they are blooming nicely despite the crazy weather we've been having:



Last night we went out to a nice Japanese restaurant and had sushi. Their special roll was really good. The atmosphere was very nice, but it was lacking in the Itamae-san (sushi chefs) yelling Hei rasshai! and Arigatougozeiyashita! (welcome and thank you respectively). The cheer used to intimidate me when I was little, but now I rather enjoy them. For dessert, we got one piece of dorayaki, so I offered it to Asher. He was pretty excited since dorayaki powers Doraemon, and moreover, it has anko inside. Thanks for a lovely dinner!

Knitting Olympics/Ravelympics update:

Here are the socks that I finished one hour before the games started on Friday:





Pattern: Spice from Two socks at a time by Melissa Morgan Oakes.
Yarn: Franklin Natural hanked and dyed by Melissa and me ~360 yds
Needles: US1 DPN (my cable needles aren't flexible enough)
Notes: I changed the fair-isle bit so it's just one colored. I didn't do any duplicate stitches.

-------

And the Knitting Olympics Begins! (fanfare)

And here's your hostess, Miga the bear-orca!




First up is my WIP-wrestling category for Ravelympics:

White Mandala shawl from 2008 mystery shawl along. I didn't get to start until January 2009, and ran out of yarn in December 2009. Since then, I got additional yarn from a really nice fellow knitter named Carol. Thanks again!





Miga marks where the edging ended.



After the opening ceremonies (which I liked a lot)

and yesterday afternoon

Bound off!



...and






blocked!



It's beautiful!

Pattern: Mandala Shawl aka Anniversary Mystery Shawl by Renee Leverington
Yarn: Baruffa Cashwool No. 1 White ~1725 yds
Needle: US3 and US4 circular
mods: I did 1D, 2A, 3D, 4C, 4A.

No comments: