Monday, May 4, 2009

Post Maryland Sheep and Wool Syndrome


Oh dear. Maryland Sheep and Wool. What an adventure! It was my second time, so I wasn't quite as overwhelmed as last time, and bought yarn until I ran out of cash.


Socks that Rock! Lightweight Mill End--light blue/purple/green



Socks that Rock! Lightweight Mill End Red/purple



Regia Silk wine



Mistralee Farm Alpaca Lace- grey

Also, since I created a ghetto drop spindle, I wanted to try out the spinning wheel. A very nice lady named Sally taught me how to use a spinning wheel, and here is the result.

The top right one is the wheel spun one. The grey one is single-ply merino done on a drop spindle, and the blue/green one is 2-ply done on a drop spindle.

Ms. Sally said the best kind of wool to start practicing spinning is Romney and Coopworth, so I got both of them.

----
And how can you talk about MS&WF without all the great animals!






There were few angry and wet animals, but I'm sure they enjoyed being there deep down in their little minds.

What fun!

No comments: